Tuesday, 20 July 2010
Experimented with fabric -
(1) Covered card with black fabric with Asian words. Painted green Bamboo & leaves, outined them with gold 3D paint, added a few green sequin stars and a circle = Twinkling Bamboo.
(2) Covered with a lovely red & gold fabric, made an elephant with gold card, added bands of red and gold with "ASIAN" stamped using small individual letters = Gold Elephant.
My first tags, with the theme "Natures Beauty".
(1) Living near the sea, I have good memories of shell hunting with the children, they make good sandcastle windows and decoration, I handpainted the shell onto thin canvas, used a swirly stamp, gold glitter glue, gold and blue sequins and extra dimension with gold 3D paint
(2) The most beautiful bird in the world in my opion is the peacock.
Once again I used thin canvas, painted gold with a simple stamped border. The peacock is coloured in with nail varnish in various metallic colours. finally used 3D gold dots and 3 blue sequins.
Handsome Men + using the soot technique.
(1) a vintage image transfered onto thin canvas, layered onto blue card which is smoky with the soot technique, layered over silver card with a silver peel off corner, edged the image with a stamped border on a paler blue card.
(2) A cream coloured card, printed with "Handsome Men" in different languages. Tried the soot technique, but it didn't work too well, so LOL I cheated, used the soot on the bottom of the spoon, smeared it randomly between the words, added the arrow and black sequin circles and star, finally used a gold wax rub on to edges.
A simple design, used gold card, the cherry tree branch, is part of a paper serviette decoupaged onto card and carefully cut out. A small birdhouse made from card, hanging from branch with gold yarn. Finished with a sayings banner & 3D paint outlining flowers & birds flying overhead!